23 January, 2014

Welcome to MaddisonJoy,


Maddison Joy is a blog created by an 18 year old girl from Brisbane, Australia on a ridiculously hot summer day to inspire and inform those with an interest in fashion, beauty and makeup. Instead of an introduction about myself, I would rather share with you some the blogs/youtube channels of those who continue to inspire me; not just in relation to fashion or beauty.


Lily - LilyMlrs

Thumbnail

Ultimate style crush, Lily Melrose! My style has change a lot over the past few years and a lot of my inspiration has come from this girl. I will admit that when I'm shopping I have occassionally spotted an item and thought "oh my god, this is so Lily Melrose" and purchased it immediately. I now own clothes that I would have previously deemed completely out of my comfort zone and have learnt how to tastefully mix and match patterns and textures to create a unique and interesting outfiit. Check out her videos here and blog here.

Shannon (Shaaanxo)

Thumbnail

I believe one of the very first makeup tutorials I ever saw on youtube was Shaaanxo's, and ever since I have been hooked. Her shining personality and absolutely flawless makeup skills make me count down the hours until she uploads a new video. I'm dying to purchase her brushes and eyelashes, if only I wasn't a poor uni student I would have collected them all by now! Her brand and channel are just a click away.

Katie (StealtheSpotlight)

Thumbnail
This babe puts the 'a' in amazing! Her style is perfection and just wow. #girlcrush. I cannot describe how much I actually want to be here. Her videos are so professional yet you can still see her wonderful personality shining through. You can find her links here: Youtube / Blog

Poppy (MakeupwithPoppy)

Thumbnail
If only I could be as beautiful and talented as her, I envy her makeup skills and I blame her for constantly wanting to purchase new makeup. Also the background music on her last few youtube videos were incredible. You can see them here.

MEET LIV Thumbnail 

There's also ZoellaLivrah, Emma Lucey, Nicole Richie, Olivia Palermo and so many more that I actually regret writing this post because there's so many other people that I want to mention! That's all for now, I didn't want to make my first post too long but I hope that I will be able to inspire you with my blog posts in the future, the way these girls have. Let me know your favourite youtubers/bloggers in the comments, I would love to hear them!

- MaddisonJoy x