23 May, 2014

Skincare Extras!

Other than just cleansing, toning and moisturising there are other extras you can add into your skincare routine to create blemish free, hydrated, smooth and beautiful skin. Don't forget, your skin is the largest part of your body and we need to look after it.

MAIN

Don't worry, I'm not going to bore you with the 'eat healthy, drink more water' speal. You already know this and if you're not implementing this, reading yet another long blog post on the importance of healthy eating and drinking more water isn't going to change anything.

Makeup Remover: Anyone who wears makeup, not matter how much or how little, needs to use makeup remover to remove any makeup on your face before cleansing. Personally, I prefer to use Bioderma to break down the makeup on my face before giving my face a good clean. You can try makeup wipes, micellar waters - anything you prefer!

Face Masks: Depending on your skin type, there are various facial masks you can use to keep your skin hydrated, eliminate and prevent breakouts and keep your skin looking healthy. Personally, I have dehydrated, acne prone skin so I use a mask 2-3 times a week to keep my skin under control and healthy. I like using a Mud Mask to eliminate impurities and a  Cooling Gel Mask to relieve painful, red breakouts.  

Face Oils: No matter what your skin type is, face oils have taken the beauty world by storm in the past few years. They hydrate, eliminate impurities as well as reduce scarring and have so many more benefits, what's not to love? I like to apply rose hip oil to my face when it's still slightly damp each night to dehydrate my skin.
|| Rose Hip Oil - Coconut Oil ||

Spot Treatments: Sometimes there's that one (or two, or three) spots that are so obvious, painful and annoying that you just want to get rid of it immediately. Unfortunately, there's no miracle cure to get rid of them straight away, but spot treatments can be left overnight to reduce the severity of a breakout. As someone who has previously suffered from cystic acne (not fun, at all!) my doctor recommended Benzac Cream as a spot treatment.

The Controversial Pore Strips: I know that some people swear by pore stripes while others despise them. Personally, I like using them about once a month just to get any excess dirt and oil out of my pores. While I try my best to deep cleanse my skin, sometimes I feel like the only thing left is to clear your pores by using a pore strip, especially on my nose where I have excess blackheads that won't seem to leave my face. 
|| Formula 10.0.6 Pore Strips - Biore Pore Strips ||

Well there you are, some of my little extras to my skincare routine, as well as some recommendations!
Let me know of any products you think I should try out!

- Maddison Joy x 




No comments:

Post a Comment