25 January, 2014

Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi!

Happy Australia Day my little Vegemites!

I'm writing this post a day in advance because I plan to spent the day at the beach with family and friends. Considering it's a day to celebrate Australia I thought it would be a good idea to look at some of my favourite Australian beauty products.

Australian Beauty Favourites



1) Bondi Sands Self Tanning Foam - Fake it until you make it! Think fresh, new, white A4 paper and that's pretty much my natural skin colour (only with freckles) but with this baby I get an even, natural looking tan which is super easy to apply. The green based tan, which looks slightly intimidating in colour the first time you see it, is comparable in texture and overall appearance to more expensive tans such as St Tropez. It's been my go-to tan ever since I purchased my first bottle and I have repurchased it probably more than I'm willing to admit!

2) Sukin Skincare - I have extremely sensitive, combination/normal skin which also has the tendency to be acne prone. 'Medicated' type skincare can potentially be quite harsh against my skin and cause it to become dehydrated and lose the look of healthy, glowing skin. Finding affordable, good quality skincare which fits my needs and skincare routine has been a challenge, that is, until I got my hands on some Sukin goodies! To name just a few, I use the Revitalising Facial Scrub,  Foaming Facial Cleanser, Hydrating Mist Toner (how perfect, a toner in a spray bottle, which changed my least favourite part of my skincare routine into the quickest!), Facial Moisturiser, Antioxidant Eye Serum and Rose Hip Oil.

3) Lucas' Papaw Ointment - The tropical ointment which has numerous antibacterial and antimicrobial properties can not only be used to cure chapped or windburned lips can also be used on basically any minor burns/irritation and is a must in my makeup bar. I love multi-purpose products and this is definitely one of my favourites!

4) Australis Cosmetics - Australis is one of my all time preferred makeup brands! I have been loving their 'Velourlips', my favourite lip product of the moment (especially Ny-cee and Mal-i-boo, which are the red and pink shades), primer (dupe for the Benefit Pore-fessional), Fresh and Flawless Pressed Powder (dupe for Mac's Studio Fix) and their Colour Inject Lipsticks. I love knowing that its not just affordable, amazing quality makeup, it's an Aussie owned brand!

5) Face of Australia Cosmetics - Face of Australia cosmetics was made popular from LaurenBeautyy (Lauren Curtis)'s constant raves of the Translucent Loose Powder which is now almost always sold out at Priceline and other F.O.A stockists. They also have good quality and affordable eyeliners, blushes and HD Brow Kit which I would definitely recommend to anyone who could get their hands on them!

I feel like this post is longer than what I originally expected but I hope you enjoyed getting an insight into some of my favourite Australian beauty products this Australia Day! Leave me a comment below featuring some of your favourite home - grown beauty products.

- Maddison Joy x

No comments:

Post a Comment