11 April, 2014

Go To Makeup Look

Sometimes I just don't have time to find new products in my makeup collection and try them out. Sometimes I need to go back to the products I know and love because I know I'll be able to do my makeup fast and be happy with the result. These aren't necessarily my go to products, they're just what I've been using at the moment when I'm in a bit of a rush. 

  


Foundation: Nars Sheer Glow
Under eye corrector: Bobbi Brown Corrector
Concealer: Nars
Powder (I usually use the Mac Studio Fix Powder which I had just run out of): Face of Australia
(please ignore how gross the packaging looks, it gets so dirty!)
Highlight/Blush/Contour Palette: Napoleon 
Mascara: Maybelline Mega Plush
Eye Liner: Maybelline Master Precise



Nars Sheer Glow Foundation is one of my all time favourites! The coverage is amazing, especially for being such a light formula. I was honestly suprised the first time I used it how little went such a long way. This is such a great product; I can sheer the coverage out if I'm having a good skin day and if not, I can add more to the areas which need more attention without looking cakey. The finish is beautiful and it still looks quite natural. This will always be one of my favourite products!

Bobbi Browns under eye corrector will be one of those products that I am always thankful for. It really does manage to brighten up the under eye area and disguise any discolouration. It's a relatively thick product, so it's essential to prime the area with an eye cream before use and set with a powder to stop the product sinking into any fine lines and creasing. 

The Nar's concealer has the same finish as the foundation and lets the skin breath while still having amazing coverage. I prefer this to any other concealer I've tried and considering I have acne prone skin, I've tried alot! The other concealer I love (although it doesn't have the same finish or longevity but incredible for the shorter days is the Essence 12 Hour Concealer!)

The powder I use to lightly set my foundation is the Mac Studio Fix Powder, but considering I've just run out I swapped it out for the FOA translucent powder. In all honesty if I'm using a translucent powder I much prefer to use the Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Powder instead. Not only because it's pressed and doesn't go everywhere, the light reflecting partials blur imperfections and create such a natural glow. 

For my cheeks I find it easier on an everyday basis to reach for my Napoleon Highlight/Blush/Contour Kit. The fact that it has all three products in one is amazing, and the packaging is great so I can chuck it in my bag if I'm going out later that night and want to intensify my look! The pigmentation is amazing (make sure you use a light hand on the blush!), and it's lasted me for quite awhile which is great considering how much I use it. I also highlight my inner corner and brow bone with the highlight shade and add some definition to my eye with the contour shade. This multipurpose product is great, I would definitely recommend it, especially to those who do there makeup in a rush!

Finally, my little eyes and eyelashes need some definition, so I use the Maybelline Master Precise to create a think line to my upper lash line, occasionally adding a flick to the end if I have the time. To open up my eyes I use the Mega Plush Mascara to lengthen and volumise my lashes. At first I wasn't the biggest fan on this mascara. I still feel like I need to spend a bit more time to achieve results with this mascara but at the end it's worth it. I'm currently trying an essence mascara which I like too, so who knows! I haven't found my 'go to' mascara yet, but the Mega Plush is good for now!

This was quite a long post, but I hope you enjoyed seeing some of the essentials in my makeup collection! Let me know your go - to products and any ideas of what products I should try out next!

- Maddison Joy x






No comments:

Post a Comment